Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Table for Two

I took the baby to lunch, today. Come to think of it, we have gone to lunch everyday this week. A private party for the two of us since the girlies are back in school. She slept until almost 2, so we missed the lunch crowd. Thank goodness.

I have a really annoying habit of naming everything she picks up, points toward, or grunts at. It's a nervous tic. She grabbed ahold of my fork and started stirring the contents of my plate.

"Fork," I said and instantly regretted it.

"Fruck." She repeated and beamed.

"FORk." I enunciated.

"Fruck. Fruck. Fruck." My bright eyed, curly sue was cursing at me in triplicate.

She held the utensil up to the man sweeping the floor, "Fruck."
"Fruck!"

The frat boys at the table across the room started to snigger.

I just smiled.
"what the fruck."

5 comments:

Mom of a munchkin said...

lol! That's hilarious!

Thanks for your comment on "What's in a name". :o) Our boys name when we had my daughter was Liam! And that's still the name we plan on using when we have a boy! How funny is that? Vicki over at the blog "Some Kind of Wondermom" has a little boy named Joel!

Hannah said...

When Isaac was younger, he couldn't pronounce "truck". It always came out as "cuck". Well, sort of. It was especially bad when he'd see a "big cuck".

Ahem.

I love it that you and your little one have lunch dates.

Damselfly said...

Hee hee!

How nice to have some time to spend with her. I should try going out to lunch with my little guy too.

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Bunny used to call "cars" "cocks." She'd get really excited in parking lots and point and yell "Look, a cock, Mommy, a cock."

Yeh.

Can you imagine how embarrassing a trip to the A&P could be?

Emily said...

Aren't kids great?! somehow they always pick the most embarrassing words to exclaim at the top of their lungs!

My brother used to call his pacifier a "focko" (don't ask, I have no idea!) My poor ultra-conservative Christian mother.