Sunday, October 28, 2007

Costumed Requital

Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen,Voices whisper in the trees, "Tonight is Halloween!"- - - Dexter Kozen

The things I absolutely love about this season...






*The creepiness lent to even the most ordinary things.

* Seizing the opportunity to conquer one's fears.



*The way all of God's creatures seem dressed for just such an occasion as this to walk among us in all of their finery.






*The absolute giggle inducing, tingle in your cheek sort of sparkle in the air.


* The way we are inspired to rewrite the classics




* Menus infused with the bounty of the season



* All the Krafting and Kooking that's just for fun...just for memory's sake...without all the pressure of having 97 presents neatly wrapped and adorned and completely overthought.


Be sure to check out Julie's Hump Day Hmmm, this week, as it is also about this divine season.

Next week's Counting Mercies is:

Alphabet Soup- 26 things using consecutive letters of the alphabet that make your day. Get Creative!

8 comments:

Hannah said...

I had such fun this weekend, decorating the house with Isaac. Tonight we're carving the jack-o-lanterns and I can't wait to see his face when he reaches into that squishy gooey mess for the first time.

Kimberly said...

Fall is my favorite season indeed. The smells, the crisp weather, the activities - all wonderful :)

Your little ones are adorable!!

Lori said...

These pictures are great! I am hoping to contribute to this week's Counting Mercies after Wednesday and I get some good photos!

That little doggie is about the cutest thing ever!!

Julie Pippert said...

Oooh love the photo montage! That doggie with the grin is too precious! And the Southern Belle and sprite!

Awesome post. :)

Julie
Using My Words

Christine said...

i am thankful for chocolate chip cookies and caramel apples. (do you sense a theme here?)

thanks for the nod to my baked squash!

Lotta said...

So adorable! Thank you for stopping by my place and leaving such a nice comment too.

Furrow said...

Very cool pictures. I wanted to be more into Halloween this year, but I guess I'm a bit preoccupied.

painted maypole said...

cute kids!

and thanks for the link. I really should have put a disclaimer on that post, I didn't even think about it. I didn't WRITE either of those (although I did adapt the Hooky Spooky quite a bit) but I found them on a public use website.