Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store...

I saw this story on the news last night, about a family who will literally wake up only to the gift of love and family on Christmas morning. Needless to say, tears rolled down my cheeks as I listened to the 9 year old little girl say that she is okay with not getting what she wants for Christmas this year because, "Christmas isn't about getting gifts."

Dang. I am The Grinch embodied. I think my heart grew three sizes last night.

5 comments:

wheelsonthebus said...

I wouldn't worry. Whenever that happens this time of year, people jump to donate all sorts of stuff. They will wake to the usual stuff on Christmas, I wager.

Julie Pippert said...

That sort of thing chokes me up, big time. What an amazing child.

Julie
Using My Words

Hannah said...

This gave me a much-needed lift... I mean, that wee darling understanding so well what the holidays ought to be about. Thanks for sharing. And I hope they catch the darn burglar.

sex scenes at starbucks said...

btw, I nominated you for a "major award."

:D

flutter said...

oooof.my heart.