Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Numbers *Edited*

  • 14 Days since my last post.
  • 4 Unfinished posts in my queue.
  • 3 Sick kids in the last 3 weeks.
  • 457Number of permission slips, overdue notes from the school library, reminders of Teacher Appreciation Week, requests for class party organizers, crossing guards, etc...
  • 455 Number of permission slips, overdue notes from the school library, reminders of Teacher Appreciation Week, requests for class party organizers, crossing guards, etc... that I completely forgot to return to school.
  • 189 Times in a day I manage to keep the expletives inside my head.
  • 4 Times in a day that one of those choice words (or a rather creative combination of a few) slip out into the open.
  • 1 Stomach bug that has set up camp inside my large intestine.
  • 2 Days until The Producer and I leave for a romantic get away to southern California.
  • .75 miles I managed to run yesterday.
  • 0 Triathlons I am prepared to run (or signed up for) this summer.
  • 1 Essay partially done, due for submission by the 15th.
  • 12,000 Things I have to get done in the next 48 hours.
  • -- Amount of energy I have.

*Sigh* Any suggestions?

**The stomach bug has broken camp and moved on. We are off on our romantic get away sans illness. (But we will be employing Sage's advice and enjoying a few Martinis...just in case.)**

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh sweet Emily...just keep breathing...throw up if you need to (stomach bugs are straight up terrible). Enjoy your time in cali with your man and listen to the ocean- that always makes the world feel better- or at least sound better for awhile. hugs from okc -jacquie

the dragonfly said...

Oh...I'm sorry. My son didn't get sick, but I had the flu last week, and with my husband in Iraq...not fun!! Anyway, hope you're feeling better soon. Take care of yourself...

wheelsonthebus said...

All I can offer is that the weather is going to be lovely here this weekend. Look forward to it.

sex scenes at starbucks said...

You will fail to get everything done. And you know what? The world will fail to end.

painted maypole said...

i like to hide my head in the sand and ignore it all, but I find it usually doesn't work out.

good luck!

NotSoSage said...

alcohol? it may kill the stomach bug AND make you care less about the other stuff (not to mention lubricate your romantic getaway).

what? you mean it doesn't solve everything? sigh. back to the drawing board.

(have a great trip.)

Magpie said...

Um, a nap? And when you wake up it'll be all done?

Good luck.

Lori said...

Ooooo... that all sounds really, really fun. Wanna trade? Nope, sorry. I really, really do not like stomach bugs.

I hope you are better and all caught up SOON!!

NieNie said...

hi emily,

you won the purse on my blog. can you e-mail me with contact info?

Bon said...

oh...that sounds like my next coupla days. i kinda wish i could swing a martini.

glad you're improving, hope the vacation treats you well...and the pile of crap magically sorts itself.

Beck said...

I'm glad you're not bringing the stomach bug on the romantic getaway. Threes a crowd and all that.

Kara!!! said...

Dude, with all this going on I feel honored that you stopped by my blog to leave a comment! Seriously.

Hina said...

Good post.