Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just Like That

Did you feel it? The shuddering pause followed by the bone crunching jerk to a halt?

One of my favorite bloggers has called it quits.
Her colorful blog replaced with an understated white page that simply reads:

I'm calling it quits. Thanks for reading.

Alpha Dogma, you will be missed. My laptop would wear a black arm band, if it had arms to band.

I suppose this means it's safe to peruse blogs whilst sipping on a beverage once again, as the blogosphere just got a little less funny and the likelihood that one will spew water (wine, milk, orange juice, and -once- hot tea) through one's nostrils has been diluted.

I can't bring myself to take down her link on my side bar, lest she come to her senses and realize that the world is a cold dark sink hole without her witty exegeses on celebrity baby names and her unapologetic crush on Colonel Brandon.

My favorite bit of AD witticism actually came on Christine's blog last November, during NaBloPoMo, when she had inadvertently pressed publish on a blank post. AD left a comment that said, "OK, I'm beginning to feel like we NaBloPoMo-ers are gang banging the rest of the blogosphere. I feel dirty."

And now I'm off to drown my sorrow.

P.S. My blog is officially one year old. Thank you to all of you who have stopped by periodically or click over every time your reader shows I have dribbled something new on my keyboard. I really do appreciate you all.

12 comments:

the dragonfly said...

I hadn't gotten to that post yet...wow. Makes me sad, I'll miss her too!

p.s. Happy blog-birthday! :)

painted maypole said...

i saw that AD post last night - on her empty white blog, and said out loud "say it isn't so" she had just posted something else earlier in the day. i have to wonder what on earth happened that made her stop so abruptly, because it feels so out of the blue.

I will miss her very much, too: the nearly sure laugh when clicking to her blog, and the first comments on my late night posts....

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Maybe it's just a publicity stunt? I don't think I ever came across that blog before, although now, I wanna see it sooooo bad.....see.....it worked :)

I've got a few bloggers I've been missing, although they haven't 'officially' called it quits......

Sorry for you loss.

wheelsonthebus said...

Happy blogiversary.

Bon said...

happy blogbirthday indeed...i'm glad you're out here.

and sad AD isn't, for sure. :)

Mad said...

Happy Blogiversary.

As for the rest, you know how I feel. And no, WW, it most definitely isn't a publicity stunt.

Anonymous said...

I was trying to go for a drama-free retirement -- but I obviously missed my mark on that.

Thanks for the nice words.

-Nan AKA AlphaDogMa, NoMore.

Christine said...

i will never removed AD's link on my sidebar. she was (IS) one of the funniest, wittiest writers out there. i click over every day now hoping beyond hope that she will return.

*sniff*

Mrs. G. said...

Happy year one! I'm sorry for your loss.

Lulu said...

Definitely one of the saddest days of my blogging life when AD left. Sigh.

Hannah said...

happy bloggy bday. i'm kind of glad i never read AD, because everyone is so sad she's left. still, i wish now i'd made the time.

AscenderRisesAbove said...

I have had artist friends call it quits in the last few months too. I am hoping that once the election depression lifts that they will be right back again!