Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom but we hope it, we know it

-Johan Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)
A favorite photo from my Mornings Project, August 09
This week, we enjoyed 50 straight hours of snow. These are evergreens. I promise.
The beginning of the storm, October 09
Photo walk, October 09
Vail, Colorado, July, 2008
This post is part of the Photo Challenge: Green at The Women's Colony

13 comments:

Christine said...

i just can't believe you got all that snow!!!

lovely, photos.

g said...

What great photos. I love the contrast between the juicy leaf and the cool snow!

debra said...

Thank you fro sharing a glimpse into your green (and white) world this week, Emily.

slouchy said...

These are stunning, Em. I especially love the rain droplets on the plant.

B.E.C.K. said...

The sun shining through the leaf is especially amazing! Bravo!

bethany said...

love them! the first is simply delicious.

smalltownmom said...

I love the pine needles.

painted maypole said...

wow. 50 hours.

great pictures, though.

Susan said...

I have only visited Colorado once and it was lovely and green like the last photo.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My son is at school in Fort Collins, so I got all the snow pictures last week.

I love all the veins in the leaf.

Jodi Anderson said...

The leaf photo is SO succulent.

Ah, Winter is my favorite season. We've only had a little snow so far this season and that was almost a month ago. What I really like, though, is the cold. It's so pristine, just like freshly fallen snow.

cactus petunia said...

Gorgeous photos! I think the one of the beginning of the storm is my favorite...soft and dreamlike.

Maggie May said...

just....life. stunning.